About this policy
We collect and use your personal information
We collect your personal information when you sign up as a member of SACGA. We may send you our newsletter from time to time. We will ask you whether you want to receive our newsletter. You will always have the option to unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter by sending us an email or contacting us directly.
We may share your information with our trusted suppliers
We may use suppliers and service providers who assist us in providing our services to you. They have agreed not to share your information and to keep it secure by only using it for the purposes for which we have provided it to them.
We use these suppliers and service providers to:
- provide our services to you.
- measure the effectiveness of our service.
- help us manage our business, for instance accountants and professional advisors.
Sometimes we will be required by law to share your information.
We may have to share your personal information to protect your or another individual’s vital interests.
We send your information to other countries
Some of the service providers that we use may be located in other countries. These countries may not have the same levels of protection of personal information as South Africa. If this is the case, we require that our service providers undertake to protect the personal information that we share with them to the same extent that we do.
We will not keep your information longer than we need to
We will not keep your information for longer than we need to unless we are legally required to. Most of your personal information will be kept for the period you are a member of the Association. However, we may have to keep your personal information for longer, for legislative and/or legal purposes i.e.
- Company details.
- Contact detail (e.g. name, business address, telephone number(s), email addresses)
- Nature of your business
- Management organisation
- Technical Manager, qualifications, experience
- Relevant qualifications and experience of other key employees
- Formal Company Accreditations
- QA Systems
- Training policy
- Scope of Work
How we protect your personal information
We have implemented reasonable security safeguards based on the sensitivity of the information to protect it from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. But no system is perfect, and we cannot guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical or managerial safeguards.
Although we cannot prevent all security threats, we have measures in place to minimise the threat to your privacy should something happen. We will let you know of any breaches that affect your personal information and inform you how you can minimise the impact.
You have the right to be informed about the personal information we have, and what we do with it
You have the right to
- Ask what personal information we hold about you.
- Ask what information was sent to our suppliers, service providers or any other third party.
- Ask us to update, correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal information we hold about you.
- Unsubscribe from any direct marketing communications we may send you.
- Object to the processing of your personal information.
You can request access to the information we hold about you or correct your personal information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
It may take us up to 21 days to respond to your request, because there are procedures we need to follow. In certain cases, we may require proof of your identity.