- Founder Membership
- Active membership:
Companies involved in the typical areas of business in Southern Africa - defined as Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Associate Membership:
Companies involved in the typical areas of business outside Southern Africa.
- Association Membership:
Any association or body having an interest in one of more of the compressed gas industry fields.
- Courtesy & Exchange Membership:
Any association or society having a common interest with the Southern Africa Compressed Gases Association activities may, upon approval by the Board of Directors, be given a non-dues courtesy membership with or without a similar courtesy membership being extended by such organisations to SACGA.
- Honorary Membership:
Individuals who, in the opinion of the Board of Directors, have rendered notable, or meritorious, service to SACGA over several years.
Typical Fields Of Activity
- The manufacture, separation, compression, liquification and solidification of gases or kindred substances including acetylene, argon, carbon dioxide, hydrogen, helium, oxygen and nitrogen and any combinations thereof, by any process;
- The distribution and application of any such gases, substances and combinations for any purpose (medical, industrial, scientific or otherwise);
- The design and manufacture of containers, including cylinders, pressure vessels and evaporators for use in connection with any such gases, substances or combinations;
- The design and manufacture of apparatus and appliances of all kinds used, or capable of being used, in the consumption of any such gases, substances or combinations;
- The design and construction of plant for the manufacture, separation, compression, liquification, solidification and/or distribution, including piped systems and vehicles, of such gases, substances or combinations and f).
- The selling or servicing of equipment, containers, installations or vehicles in any of the fields referred to in paragraphs a) to e) above
- The provision of expert information, advice and training in any of the fields referenced in paragraphs a) to f) above.
- Members who design/install Air Separation Units (ASU's), manufacture industrial gases, supply via pipeline and/or road transport.
- Members who manufacture and supply industrial gases.
- Members who locally manufacture industrial gas-related equipment.
- Members who are distributors, agents or importers of industrial gases and equipment, cylinder re-validators and pipeline reticulation installers.
- Members who locally manufacture, or act as distributors, agents or importers of consumables/raw materials for the industrial gas industry.
|Category||% Voting Rights|
Category 1: Equal contribution of R24 000 / company.
Remainder of Categories based on annual revenue as follows:
|Annual Revenue (Rand)||Fee per annum|
|0 - 1 million||R 3 200|
|1 - 3 million||R 4 800|
|3 - 5 million||R 6 400|
|Above 5 million||R 8 000|
NOTE : These membership fees will be reviewed annually by the Board of Directors.